Butler – Regents Park, London
We are seeking a professional and highly skilled Butler, ideally female, to join our fully staffed formal property in Regents Park, London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for greeting family and guests, providing formal table service, and ensuring that all dietary requirements are met. Other duties will include shopping and stock taking, valeting, packing and unpacking, managing the house inventory database, caring for the wine cellar, and maintaining the appearance of the property.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a calm and discreet presence, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and prior experience in a formal household are essential. Preference will be given to female candidates who are able to travel. You will need to have the right to work in the UK and excellent checkable references.
Role and Responsibilities
Core hours are 11am–9pm – 5 days on with 2 days consecutive days off per week. Flexibility required.
- Greeting of family and guests
- Formal table service
- Knowledge of menu for each meal
- Act as quality control in terms of service from the kitchen, must be aware of all dietary requirements
- Shopping & stock taking
- Taking care of snacks, candles, plants etc
- Valeting, including clothing and shoe care
- Packing and unpacking
- House Inventory database management
- Care of the wine cellar
- Cleaning of silver, crystal and care of valuables
- Table decorations and set up
- Seasonal and event staging of house
- Hands on presence on the ground
- Point of contact for house related items with the family
- Household projects at family’s request
- House preparation for family’s return
- Point of contact with the family for day-to-day issues.
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Calm presence, light touch and quiet
Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to any task in front of you
Attention to detail is paramount
Must have hands on experience inside formal households
Must be well presented
Must be able to Travel
salary- depending on experience ranging £55,000 to £65,000
Regent’s Park is a prestigious and sought-after area located in the heart of London, United Kingdom. It is known for its picturesque surroundings, elegant architecture, and proximity to various amenities. Here’s a summary of the Regent’s Park area for both working and living