Travelling Housekeeper – Belgravia, London
FLEXIBLE HARDWORKING TRAVELLING HOUSEKEEPER WITH PLENTY OF INITIATIVE REQUIRED FOR COUPLE WITH TWO LARGE DOGS
London-based, we are looking for an energetic and dynamic Housekeeper to work 5 days a week flexibly.
Hours are mostly 10:00-19:00 but must be flexible and willing to adapt to occasional changes in days and hours.
Monday to Friday normally.
Being able to travel is essential.
Good English and communication skills are essential.
Well-presented and discreet, excellent standards are expected at all times in this semi-formal household with exceptionally high standards.
Longevity in all previous roles is non-negotiable along with very good written and verbal references for all previous positions.
You must be dog friendly and despite most dog care being done by our dog carer you may occasionally have to step in with feeds when they are on holiday etc.
Working with a friendly team of several others, your duties will include the below, but are not exhaustive:
- Keeping house clean and tidy throughout the day.
- General laundry and ironing including daily laundry, ironing and change of towels plus weekly change of bedding.
- Clothing care- Washing, ironing and steaming plus organising clothes, shoes etc to dry cleaners, cobblers etc. Standard
- Maintain up-keep of furniture, art, china, collectibles, crystal and silver polishing.
- Keep constant supply of household essentials (water, coffee etc) and cleaning materials.
- Prepare for the arrival of visitors and various needs when staying.
- Assistance with luggage, packing, and unpacking for journeys.
- Shopping and ad hoc errands as required.
- Maintenance when principals are not in residence.
- Co-ordinating deliveries and maintenance visits.
- Cooking of simple, tasty, classic meals is beneficial.