Nanny to Two School Children – Chelsea, London
Job Title: Experienced and Energetic Nanny
A family based in Chelsea London is seeking an experienced and energetic nanny to support a family household. The ideal candidate will be disciplined yet kind, loving and caring, and enthusiastic and fun. The candidate should have previous experience working as a nursery teacher or nanny with a demonstrated track record of loyalty and a skillset that includes time management, organization, and multitasking.
- Manage the household and support the family in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Be reliable, kind, and set positive clear boundaries for the children who enjoy structure and routine, which is already in place.
- Plan fun and engaging activities to entertain the children, including lots of time outdoors
- Ensure the children are following the schedule and routine established by the parents
- Keep the house tidy and organised, ensuring everything is put back in its right place, and encourage the children to help tidy up
- Do basic household chores for the children only when necessary, including laundry
- Take initiative when the children are playing, if they are playing nicely on their own, the nanny can always use this time to tidy up or prep something else small
- Keep on top of the children’s wardrobes, ensuring they are organised and appropriately stored
- Take care of the inventory check and restocking of necessary items
- Keep track of key dates, birthdays of the children, teachers, and other important events
- Research and organise things to do in the local area and while on vacation
- Provide educational activities to work on during holidays and promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Build the bond between the children, practicing team building between both children, and being mindful not to pitch them against each other during games and activities
- Socialise with other parents and nannies and be proactive in organising play dates for the children
- Build a good relationship with the children’s teachers to get a good insight into what the children are learning at school each term
- Liaise with the chef, be creative with the menu, and ensure the children are eating healthy, organic food with no salt, spice or sugar
- Maintain a strong sense of social awareness and understanding of when to pull back and push forward
- Keep all matters related to the family confidential and private
- Follow the family’s guidelines regarding phone usage, alcohol, personal hygiene, and meals
- Do their own laundry, keep their own room clean, and ensure personal hygiene is up to standard
- Experience working as a nanny or a nursery teacher
- Demonstrated loyalty and skills in time management, organization, and multitasking
- Discipline with kindness, loving and caring, enthusiastic and fun
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Adaptable and able to manage time well
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with household staff and other parents
- Strong sense of social awareness and discretion
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are desirable.
The family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience, and a warm and friendly work environment. If you are an experienced and energetic nanny with a passion for childcare, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Salary: £60,000 gross negotiable.
5 days per week. 7.00 am to 7.00 pm
2 children aged 5 and 6