Domestic Couple: Housekeeper/cook and handyman/gardener/allrounder
- About the family: 2 adults and 3 children. (the children live part-time with the family)
- This is the family's primary residence, in other words they live here all the time but they travel a lot, usually at weekends and during all school holidays.
- They have 4 dogs, chickens and 2 small lizards.
- About the residence: located in Oxshott, Surrey – an 8 bedroom/bathroom property, indoor swimming pool, playroom, drawing room, study and office
- Accommodation: large bedroom/bathroom and kitchen with a private entrance
- Hours/days of work: Monday to Friday with the odd weekend care if the family are travelling. General hours of work 45 hours with flexibility
- Local transport includes a train station direct into London
- Car available for use
Salary: Competitive plus excellent discretionary annual bonus subject
Domestic switched on and proactive couple required to work in a beautiful residence for a friendly couple who are seeking high attention to detail. Duties include general housekeeping, cleaning, laundry and Ironing, cooking to a good family standard (healthy, organic cooking, the family enjoy fish in particular). Some shopping errands. One of the team will be responsible for caring for the 4 dogs, walking them, feeding and generally giving them TLC. The family also have chickens (one chicken coop) so they will also need to be tended to with feeding, keeping the coop clean and collecting any eggs. Some light gardening duties but any heavy duty or skilled gardening is contracted out. The family have an indoor pool so knowledge of pool maintenance would be helpful although not essential. Handyman skills are required in order to keep the property in good working order carrying out duties such as changing lightbulbs, cleaning hard to reach areas, and putting on a lick of paint on walls where required. Contractors are on hand for more technical issues.
The family don’t entertain on a regular basis but at times they might have friends over for dinner so it is key that the couple understand flexibility and are on hand to finish off their duties for the day rather than leaving things undone.
The family travel a fair but so the couple will need to be able to organise themselves and carry out deep cleans etc in the family’s absence. They may be required to travel with the family 4 weeks or so a year, generally in the Summer.
The family’s current couple have been with them for 10 years and are now retiring back to their country although they will continue to work for the family in a different capacity.