Looking for a Housekeeper to help maintain a large and spacious, newly built Architect’s home in Parsons Green.
The family is very down to earth. A very good employer with excellent staff retention history. A very positive and supportive environment. The previous Housekeeper stayed for 4 years. Nannies have stayed for 2 to 3 years. They are looking for someone to work for them long term.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, take initiative and be able to work independently or along the nanny. Professionalism and family-friendly are a must.
Family Staff already includes a Nanny taking care of two boys aged 5 and 3. Gardeners come twice a month.
About the Family:
House: newly built Architect’s home in Parsons Green.
Client is an Interior Designer and designed the house. Family just moved-in last June.
4 storeys ( 5 bedrooms + 1 Office + 3 Bathrooms + Basement including Family room and Laundry room+ Rear garden)
Family: Parents + 2 boys (5 &3 yrs old) + baby girl on the way to be born in November.
No pets. No Smoking family.
Kids attend school nearby.
Wife works from home full-time.
Husband working in London centre full time and working from hone on ad-hoc basis.
Part time Live-Out
Hours: 15 hours/ week
Time: 8am to 11am or 8:30am to 11:30 am (every week day)
We can discuss grouping all 15 hours on 3 days of 5 hours work throughout the week if more convenient.
No travelling required.
Family is away in France every month of August. Housekeeper encouraged to take some of her holidays then.
Start date: 30th of August
Duties and responsibilities:
- Cleaning the house to an exceptional standard
- Tidying up and storing household items appropriately. Be pro-active in kitchen, wardrobe and closet organisation.
- Wardrobe management: checking for missing buttons and fixing where appropriate
Bedding management to an exceptional standard
- Laundry & ironing for all the family.
Checking and replacing stock levels of cleaning products & toiletries
Daily Waste management
Sweep outdoor areas
Taking in deliveries and manage packaging waste.
- Deep cleaning when the family are away
- Excellent checkable references
- Have prior experience working in a similar environment
- Excellent level of initiative and strong time management and organisation skills
- Have a friendly and committed attitude to work
- be knowledgeable across all areas of housekeeping including the care of high-end materials (marble, wood flooring, delicate clothing, baby clothing and equipment). Ability to handwash where appropriate
- Have a good level of English
- Must live within an easy commute of Fulham
- Ability to do basic sewing is a plus (fixing Husband shirt’s buttons, or kid’s trousers)
- Being fully Covid vaccinated
- End of year bonus
- 20 days paid holidays + bank holidays.